I'm not sure how, but I made it out of the 90's without ever seeing Scream. Since this week is Halloween I thought I would give it a watch and take you along for the ride.
• Don't judge me but, I didn’t know until this year that Drew Barrymore was in this movie.
• So is this where the, “Do you like scary movies?” thing originally came from? I only ever saw it parodied!
• No joke, I just got a call from an unknown number!!! Maybe I should turn the lights on!
• She’s JUST now locking the doors? Amateur move! And stop answering the phone!
• Oh no! He got the boyfriend! This was really well thought out! This is my nightmare!
• Geez, way to spoil who the killer is in Friday the 13th!
• Her parents finding her hanging from the tree gave me a lump in my throat. This is going to be a rollercoaster
• Sidney Prescott looks exactly like the 90's.
• Where my Riverdale fans at? I had no idea Jughead's dad was in this movie. He looks good!
• Wait! Ugh, why men great till they gotta be great? Stop pressuring her! Her dad was literally just in there.
• Fonzie is the principle?! Fonzie is in this?
• They are talking SO calmly about these murders.
• Shaggy from the Scooby Doo Movies and Jamie Kennedy (right?) are in this, too? I had no idea.
• Oh, yikes Shaggy is kind of a creep and Jamie Kennedy is the classic 90s nerd. He'll get killed first right?
• The Prescott’s have an amazing house.
• Oh no! That’s how her mother died?! That’s terrible! Okay, so we got a serial killer on our hands, noted.
• Don’t go to the video store first, Tatum! Pick up Sidney! There’s a killer on the loose! Tom Cruise’s peep can wait!
• Okay, here we go, the phone is ringing again. Why doesn't anyone own any blinds or curtains?!
• Yup, I'm scared.
• Of course, because she mentions horror movies where they run up the stairs instead of out the door, she ends up running up the stairs instead of out the door! Idiot!
• She called 911 on her computer? Could you do that in the 90s? Could I do that now?
• *Gasps* Billy?
• She’s so convinced Billy is the Killer she’s willing to run back through the house? No thanks!
• “Let me ask you this, what are you doing with a cellular telephone, son?” What a time to be alive!
• Okay, this detective work is so WEAK! I'm stressed.
• That yellow power suit Courtney Cox has on is no good. Oh, and she plays the bad guy?
• Tatum just said Billy was destined to have a flaw. A FLAW? He might be a serial KILLER!
• Oh no the phone is ringing! So it can't be Billy, right?
• I’m just gonna say it, Sidney shouldn’t have to go to school today. Last night was a lot!
• Sidney and Gale’s conversation leaves me with so many questions. If they murders were all linked wouldn't Sidney have seen Cotton in the costume, and not a jacket?
• Billy is back at school, too? And is he for real? He may not be a killer, but he’s a real jerk.
• Whoa, is Principle Fonzie The Killer? These knife sound effects are freaking me out!
• Why are Cheerleaders always so mean in the movies?
• SERIOUSLY? The Killer is in the bathroom, too? Or was that a prank?
• They canceled school? Isn't that supposed to be the safest place?
• Is this where Courtney Cox and David Arquette met?
• It’s not a 90s Movie without a party! What an awful time to throw a party. How insensitive!
• “It could be fun” are famous last words!
• The janitor is dressed like Freddy Krueger, right?
• NOOO! Not Principal Fonzie! I should have never accused him! Once you accuse someone they always end up dying! This one hurt.
• Lol at the Richard Gere and the gerbil reference. But really, is it true or not?
• A video store! *heart eyes emoji”
• Shaggy/Stu has little teeth. You can’t trust people with little teeth. That’s actually rule #1.
• I’m enjoying the “If this were a scary movie…” bit. (It’s making that scary episode of Boy Meets World make so much more sense to me.)
• LIKE NO ONE SEES THE KILLER IN THE GROCERY STORE FOLLOWING SIDNEY?!
• The calls came from her dad? Is The Killer her dad? Did I just seal his fate?
• How embarrassing would it be to get dropped off at a party in a cop car?
• Gale Weathers is SCUM. Leave Sidney alone!
• Oh no, Tatum is alone. Why does everyone assume it’s Randy playing a prank? Oof The Killer got her! That kill had Final Destination vibes.
• Boo, go home Billy!
• Okay, I'm hating the Sidney and Billy stuff (you're better than that, girl), but I'm loving Randy's Horror Film Rules..
• This must be why people like this movie so much. It’s not taking itself too serious, but it’s still pretty scary!
• Dewy and Gale, sittin’ in a ditch, K-I-S-S-I-N-G
• SEE YA NEVER BILLY!
• Billy wins for most dramatics death scene.
• Jump, Sidney, jump! Run, Sidney, run!
• Where's Dewy? Like, you had one job!
• Randy accidentally describing his own almost murder is funny, but also so suspenseful!
• No the delay, the delay! Oh my gosh, he killed Kenny!
• Gale crashing the van makes me so mad! You ruin everything!
• NO, NOT DEWY
• Randy vs. Stu! It’s definitely Stu, right?
• Billy’s alive?! I don't like this, not one bit!
• WAIT. It was Billy??? AND Stu??? - Please actually be lovers!
• So many Sharon Stone references?
• Okay, at least the dad is sill alive!!
• I’m supposed to be laughing at Stu, right? I can't take him serious!
• Alright, Sidney turning the tables! But how did she have the time to untie her dad, grab the phone and voice changer, put on the costume, and hide?
• They just keep popping back up! When will they die?!
• Okay, okay, Gale Weathers is not total scum.
After watching the whole movie, I'm left with so many questions I can only hope the next 4 sequels will answer. I hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween! Be sure to go out and vote!
I'm Little Em
The Little blog was created so I could have a place to share my graphics, and love of pop culture.