I'm not sure how, but I made it out of the 90's without ever seeing Scream. Since this week is Halloween I thought I would give it a watch and take you along for the ride.
• Don't judge me but, I didn’t know until this year that Drew Barrymore was in this movie.
• So is this where the, “Do you like scary movies?” thing originally came from? I only ever saw it parodied!
• No joke, I just got a call from an unknown number!!! Maybe I should turn the lights on!
• She’s JUST now locking the doors? Amateur move! And stop answering the phone!
• Oh no! He got the boyfriend! This was really well thought out! This is my nightmare!
• Geez, way to spoil who the killer is in Friday the 13th!
• Her parents finding her hanging from the tree gave me a lump in my throat. This is going to be a rollercoaster
• Sidney Prescott looks exactly like the 90's.
• Where my Riverdale fans at? I had no idea Jughead's dad was in this movie. He looks good!
• Wait! Ugh, why men great till they gotta be great? Stop pressuring her! Her dad was literally just in there.
• Fonzie is the principle?! Fonzie is in this?
• They are talking SO calmly about these murders.
• Shaggy from the Scooby Doo Movies and Jamie Kennedy (right?) are in this, too? I had no idea.
• Oh, yikes Shaggy is kind of a creep and Jamie Kennedy is the classic 90s nerd. He'll get killed first right?
• The Prescott’s have an amazing house.
• Oh no! That’s how her mother died?! That’s terrible! Okay, so we got a serial killer on our hands, noted.
• Don’t go to the video store first, Tatum! Pick up Sidney! There’s a killer on the loose! Tom Cruise’s peep can wait!
• Okay, here we go, the phone is ringing again. Why doesn't anyone own any blinds or curtains?!
• Yup, I'm scared.
• Of course, because she mentions horror movies where they run up the stairs instead of out the door, she ends up running up the stairs instead of out the door! Idiot!
• She called 911 on her computer? Could you do that in the 90s? Could I do that now?
• *Gasps* Billy?
• She’s so convinced Billy is the Killer she’s willing to run back through the house? No thanks!
• “Let me ask you this, what are you doing with a cellular telephone, son?” What a time to be alive!
• Okay, this detective work is so WEAK! I'm stressed.
• That yellow power suit Courtney Cox has on is no good. Oh, and she plays the bad guy?
• Tatum just said Billy was destined to have a flaw. A FLAW? He might be a serial KILLER!
• Oh no the phone is ringing! So it can't be Billy, right?
• I’m just gonna say it, Sidney shouldn’t have to go to school today. Last night was a lot!
• Sidney and Gale’s conversation leaves me with so many questions. If they murders were all linked wouldn't Sidney have seen Cotton in the costume, and not a jacket?
• Billy is back at school, too? And is he for real? He may not be a killer, but he’s a real jerk.
• Whoa, is Principle Fonzie The Killer? These knife sound effects are freaking me out!
• Why are Cheerleaders always so mean in the movies?
• SERIOUSLY? The Killer is in the bathroom, too? Or was that a prank?
• They canceled school? Isn't that supposed to be the safest place?
• Is this where Courtney Cox and David Arquette met?
• It’s not a 90s Movie without a party! What an awful time to throw a party. How insensitive!
• “It could be fun” are famous last words!
• The janitor is dressed like Freddy Krueger, right?
• NOOO! Not Principal Fonzie! I should have never accused him! Once you accuse someone they always end up dying! This one hurt.
• Lol at the Richard Gere and the gerbil reference. But really, is it true or not?
• A video store! *heart eyes emoji”
• Shaggy/Stu has little teeth. You can’t trust people with little teeth. That’s actually rule #1.
• I’m enjoying the “If this were a scary movie…” bit. (It’s making that scary episode of Boy Meets World make so much more sense to me.)
• LIKE NO ONE SEES THE KILLER IN THE GROCERY STORE FOLLOWING SIDNEY?!
• The calls came from her dad? Is The Killer her dad? Did I just seal his fate?
• How embarrassing would it be to get dropped off at a party in a cop car?
• Gale Weathers is SCUM. Leave Sidney alone!
• Oh no, Tatum is alone. Why does everyone assume it’s Randy playing a prank? Oof The Killer got her! That kill had Final Destination vibes.
• Boo, go home Billy!
• Okay, I'm hating the Sidney and Billy stuff (you're better than that, girl), but I'm loving Randy's Horror Film Rules..
• This must be why people like this movie so much. It’s not taking itself too serious, but it’s still pretty scary!
• Dewy and Gale, sittin’ in a ditch, K-I-S-S-I-N-G
• SEE YA NEVER BILLY!
• Billy wins for most dramatics death scene.
• Jump, Sidney, jump! Run, Sidney, run!
• Where's Dewy? Like, you had one job!
• Randy accidentally describing his own almost murder is funny, but also so suspenseful!
• No the delay, the delay! Oh my gosh, he killed Kenny!
• Gale crashing the van makes me so mad! You ruin everything!
• NO, NOT DEWY
• Randy vs. Stu! It’s definitely Stu, right?
• Billy’s alive?! I don't like this, not one bit!
• WAIT. It was Billy??? AND Stu??? - Please actually be lovers!
• So many Sharon Stone references?
• Okay, at least the dad is sill alive!!
• I’m supposed to be laughing at Stu, right? I can't take him serious!
• Alright, Sidney turning the tables! But how did she have the time to untie her dad, grab the phone and voice changer, put on the costume, and hide?
• They just keep popping back up! When will they die?!
• Okay, okay, Gale Weathers is not total scum.
After watching the whole movie, I'm left with so many questions I can only hope the next 4 sequels will answer. I hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween! Be sure to go out and vote!
Where my Renters at? Decorating an apartment isn’t always easy, right? You lack wall space, then there’s no storage space for when the season is over, and there’s only so much you can do with a front porch. Below are some cheap and easy ways to decorate your apartment for Halloween.
Candy Corn in a Jar
Realistically, you probably only have to fill it up once. Candy Corn doesn’t quite satisfy like other Halloween candy does. Unless for you, if does satisfy, then try filling it up with those equally unpopular gummy pumpkins. You can probably find both jar and candy at your grocery store. It doesn’t even have to be a candy! If you want to go really spooky, go for pickled eggs, and tell people it’s eyeballs.
Photo Collage Kit
Collage kits are big right now. Why not have one dedicated to Halloween? This kit is shot, edited, and curated by Little em. You can buy it here, or you can make your own! We suggest keeping the number of images to a minimum, so you aren’t putting in a lot of time and effort for something you’ll only have up for a couple of weeks. But you know what, you can keep it up all year round if you want to. We don’t judge here!
Now to appeal to another one of the senses. Swap out your usual scents for something a little sweeter! We offer the Lights Air Freshener in a Sweet Cream scent. It smells like a fresh baked vanilla cupcake. If sweet isn’t your style, but you still want to feel warm and cozy, we’ve got you covered. Try something in Little Ice. It’s more on the masculine/cologne side. You’re in luck, because all air fresheners are just .50¢ right now! And Little em Air Fresheners aren’t just for the car!…is this getting too sales pitchy?
This tip is not so much for your apartment, but for your devices. We’ve got some free downloadable background wallpapers here. The cat eyes one will scare you every time!
Halloween Bat Cut Outs
Another freebie file that is located below. It’s a page with three different sized bats for you to print and cut out. If you print them on a thicker piece of paper, you can curl their wings up a Little bit to make it appear like they are flying away. If you have black construction paper, you can print these out to use as a stencil. To stick them to the wall use masking tape, or something that won’t ruin the wall.
Witchy Woman Print
There are so many things about my mother that I have taken for granted. One of them being her knack for seasonal decorating. When I got my own apartment I was shocked that the decor didn’t change from season to season like it did in my childhood home. Turns out, it doesn’t happen by magic, you actually have to swap out the decorations yourself. I hope these tips help you make your little box a home!
I’m all for for election day hype, but enough with the calls!
This is my first try at an animated comic, but i think maybe i like it! it’s hard for me to be funny in just one cell. Have a good week!
We’re settling into the second week of October, so naturally it’s time to binge watch some spooky TV shows. I hope you have nothing to do this weekend because I’ve put together a list of some great ones that you can stream right now.
The Twilight Zone - Netflix / CBS All Access
The Haunting of Hill House - Netflix
X-Files - Hulu
Ratched - Netflix
Black Mirror - Netflix
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Netflix
The Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror - Disney+
You’re so nice, and you’re so smart, and you’re so pretty, and you’re so fun! This is something my sister, mom, and I sing at each other (even to my Dad on occasion). Almost like a cheer. We’ve done it for as long as I can remember. Sometimes the words are different, but it’s always a stream of compliments. You might think it would make our heads big, but it didn’t. You might think it gets old, but it NEVER does. Being kind never goes out of style.
I’m thinking about making this chant into a postcard for you to send to your friends. Just a little way of letting a friend know you appreciate them (also a way to help out the USPS). I can already hear your friend reading it and saying, “Aw, that’s nice.” Can’t you?
the Little blog.
the Little blog is a place where anything could happen.